Bu xəbəri paylaş
World Expos bring people together in a spirit of hope and collaboration for a better future, and Expo 2020 Dubai believes that now, more than ever, humanity needs to come together to remember what unites us, to celebrate our spirit and be inspired by the greatest examples of collaboration, innovation and cooperation from around the world. And as Charge d’affairs of the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Baku, I’d like to underline that we look forward to welcoming Azerbaijan at our significant event to be held this year.
What does Dubai EXPO promise?
- Expo 2020 Dubai will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience – a six-month celebration of creativity, innovation, humanity and world cultures.
- Expo 2020 Dubai coincides with the UAE’s 50th anniversary in 2021, marking an important milestone for the UAE. Throughout its history, the UAE has shown the world what is possible through its remarkable development. At Expo 2020 Dubai, we want to engage people in this journey, to play a part in inspiring the next generation and, together, spark innovations that will underpin the next 50 years of human progress.
- Opening day: 1 October 2021
- Closing day: 31 March 2022
- More than 200 participants – including countries, multilateral organisations, educational establishments and companies – as well as millions of visitors, will come together to celebrate Expo 2020 Dubai.
- Expo 2020 Dubai will provide a platform for all participating countries to present the best of their cultures, innovation and progress. For the first time in World Expo history, every country will have its own pavilion. Expo 2020 will also move away from traditional geographical clusters, and band together countries facing similar challenges within the three subthemes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability.
Azerbaijan Pavilion is themed “Seeds for the future”. The design is nature-inspired. The pavilion’s architecture is inspired by two natural elements: the tree and the leaf, and is designed to offer a place where Expo visitors can reflect on major issues related to sustainable development: environment and social ecosystems.
From this aspect within Dubai EXPO, the two friendly countries UAE and Azerbaijan can open up new opportunitis for deeping the bilateral relations in the theme of Azerbaijan Pavillion:
- clean energy technology,
- mutual investing in fundamental research on energy, water, microelectronics, advanced materials and transport systems
- technology-based domestic food production
Note that one of the pillars of UAE Vision 2021 focuses on improving the quality of air, preserving water resources, increasing the use of clean energy, improving gender equality and empowering youth. The UAE’s commitment to sustainability aims to mitigate the tangible effects of climate change through economic diversification, water and biodiversity protection, food security strategies and renewable energy solutions.