Bu xəbəri paylaş
Date: 1-5 August
Start time: 7:00 PM
End time: 9:00 PM
Deadline : 25 July
Duration: 10 hours
Delivery: Online using Zoom
Fee: 250 AZN
“IMPERIAL ENGLISH AZERBAIJAN” ANNOUNCES THE 10-HOUR IELTS WORKSHOPS FAMILIARISE YOU WITH THE IELTS TEST FORMAT. BY KNOWING WHAT THE TEST INVOLVES, THE QUESTION TYPES AND RECOMMENDED STRATEGIES YOU WILL HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU NEED TO ACHIEVE YOUR TARGET BANDS.
The workshops focus on the requirements of the test and raising of candidates’ awareness of their strengths and weaknesses. You will learn what the examiners look for in Writing and Speaking, the importance of answering writing and speaking questions relevantly, and reading, writing and listening skills you need for the examination.
Each workshop takes a practical approach to learning, and you will have opportunities to work together and share experiences with other students.
The IELTS workshops is conducted online through Zoom. This will enable you to attend from the comfort of your home.
Candidates with a pre-intermediate or higher level can register for the workshops.
Please note that the workshops will not specifically ‘teach’ grammar or vocabulary for every topic that may be in the exam. The focus is on examination strategies and techniques.
Workshop 1 (2 hours)
• An overview of the IELTS Academic Module.
• The Speaking Test: the marking band descriptors, the three sections and practical tips.
Workshop 2 (2 hours)
• IELTS Writing Task 2: question types, the marking band descriptors, text organisation and practical tips.
• The Listening Test (1): the four sections and examination strategies.
Workshop 3 (2 hours)
• IELTS Writing Task 1: graphs, tables and pie charts, the marking band descriptors, suggestions for extending the range of vocabulary and grammar structures.
• The Listening Test (2): the listening skills you require.
Workshop 4 (2 hours)
• IELTS Writing Task 1: processes and maps, suggestions for extending the range of vocabulary and grammar structures.
• IELTS Reading (1): the three sections, the reading skills you need and practical tips.
Workshop 5 (2 hours)
• IELTS Reading (2): strategies for the question types.
• Review Session (including information about the online exam version).
Each Workshop includes a brief review of the previous session)
By the end of the IELTS workshops you will:
• know what to expect when you take the Academic Module (paper-based or online versions_
• be familiar with the format and content of the Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking tests,
• be equipped with strategies and techniques necessary to maximise your score
• have identified specific areas you need to focus on
• feel more confident before the test and know about IELTS support websites and YouTube channels available
Before you take the IELTS examination, you need to take several practice tests and learn time management. We will suggest reliable websites, YouTube channels and published resources. We cannot freely provide copyright published materials. No individual support for participants or assessment of work is provided.
Please note that the workshops will not specifically ‘teach’ grammar or vocabulary for every
topic that may be in the exam. The focus is on examination strategies and techniques.